- This event has passed.
Eastern Ontario Local Food Conference
13 November, 2019 - 14 November, 2019
Dear Local Food Colleagues and Collaborators,
The 2019 Eastern Ontario Local Food Conference is coming to Cornwall and you are invited! The City of Cornwall, the United Counties of Stormont Dundas and Glengarry, and the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs are pleased to be partnering to bring this unique regional local food event to the NAV Centre in Cornwall on November 13-14.
Who should attend?
- Farmers, food entrepreneurs, retailers, restaurants, and supporting businesses that are participating in the local food economy.
- Food service providers in public sector institutions interested in sourcing more local food.
- Municipal staff and political leaders who want to grow their agriculture and food economy, and share their experiences with others.
- Supporting businesses, services, and organizations who are dedicated to the success of local food projects.
- Policy-makers who want to understand how their work can enable a thriving agriculture and food economy.
- Anyone who wants to learn more about this active and growing sector in Eastern Ontario.
- Supporters who want to experience what the region has to offer.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Growing Communities Together”.
The conference begins on November 13 with three half-day tours to choose from. The three routes are: Mohawk Community of Akwasasne; Cornwall and SDG Counties: Highlands Tour; and Cornwall and SDG Counties: Seaway Tour. All tours will offer stops featuring local food and beverage tastings, and inspiring projects led by visionary community leaders.
Tours will be followed by a local food reception at the NAV Centre, where you will be treated to a wide variety of the region’s best local food offerings.
The following day, a full day conference will feature keynote speaker Tareq Hadhad of Peace by Chocolate. He will be sharing his experiences of rebuilding his family’s business in rural Canada after fleeing their native Syria and losing everything. His message is one of hope, resilience, and inclusion. Later that day, you will experience:
- A plenary discussion about the future of local food in Eastern Ontario.
- Three streams of breakout sessions, featuring topics focused on “Business”, “Municipal”, and “Community”.
The full agenda-at-a-glance can be accessed here: http://www.eastontlocalfood.com/agenda-2/
Registration is open! To order your tickets, please see: https://secure.ticketpro.ca/?lang=en&server=ww2&aff=NAV#def_1332979890
Interested in trade show and sponsorship opportunities? We’d love to hear from you! Please have a look at our background document here: http://www.eastontlocalfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Sponsorship-English-updated.pdf
We look forward to having you join us at a wonderful event in Cornwall in November.
Your 2019 Conference Team