Programs + Services
Agricultural Excellence Conference
The 2020 Agricultural Excellence Conference is going virtual. As the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic is still creating much uncertainty in the world, we have decided to protect our attendees, speakers and sponsors and host our event online. Through a variety of speakers, panels and discussion, we will feature all the same great content, virtually, that you can enjoy from anywhere – your home, office, field, boat, barn or greenhouse!
The Agricultural Excellence Conference (AgEx) is the only event in Canada dedicated exclusively to bringing farm management enthusiasts together to build their business acumen. This year’s theme, Prosperity with Purpose, is about taking a proactive approach to farm business management – to build the confidence and underlying capacity to weather any storm and seize opportunities, positioning the farm for continued success.
We’ll be using a state-of-the-art platform to recreate the same great learning experience as our in-person Conference…and then some!
- You will be able to move around our virtual conference just like in-person; explore various speaker rooms, fill your swag bag with information, compete in mini-challenges for prizes, and network with others!
- We will have an exhibitor hall where you can learn more about organizations that see the value in business management, just as much as we do and chat with them, face-to-face!
- We will have our National Resource Showcase – just like we do in person!
And the best part?
All of our main Conference sessions will be FREE!
New this year!
For only $150, attendees will have access to our speakers in follow up sessions after the conference! You can pick the brain of the speaker, ask in depth questions and have general discussion about issues they may be able to help with in a smaller group setting!
Don’t miss out! Register now and get updates on all our new speakers and conference activities. Although AgEx may look a little different than years’ past, we are offering all the same things you love about it, just online!
Farm Management Canada
613-237-9060 x 32
As a valued contributor to Canada’s agricultural success we are offering a number of ways to participate and offer your support. Our delegates are your business. We hope you’ll see the value in putting your message front and centre during the event, showing your clients and/or potential business partners just how important they are to you in appreciation of their ongoing contribution to this country’s economic health.
Please see our Sponsorship Proposal or contact us to discuss sponsorship options.
Farm Management Canada
Seeding Excellence Student Program
Below are articles and other multimedia items on the subject of the AgEx Conference. Click on a link below to view the item of your choice.
AgEx 2019 Coverage
- Actually, black swans can be good for us too
- A Hunger for opportunity
- Black swans are swimming faster and they will test Canadian agriculture
- Business governance helps keep family farms ‘on the rails’
- Cultivating Resilience: A Video Competition for #WomeninAg – #AgExConf19
- Growing the Family Farm in the Face of Tragedy
- How to build a farm peer advisory group
- Learning to lead — from farm manager to farm executive
- Price and traceability lessons learned in Canada’s beef export markets
- Lessons learned helping 600 farm families navigate succession
- Master the necessary, do what’s possible to build resiliency into your farm
- Setting up your new peer group
Past Conference Coverage
- Mental health is not a sidebar
- Cash advance program can be particularly beneficial for young farmers
- Episode 20: Nikolas Badminton – Agriculture 3.0 Innovation in Agriculture
- What does Agriculture 3.0 look like?
- Little interest in cash advances remains a mystery
- Elaine Froese honoured for her contribution to farm management
- Every farm could use a peer group, but it’s not likely found at the coffee shop
- Economists spar in “overdue” supply management debate
- Uncertainty continues to hang over tax code changes
- RealAg Radio, Nov 28: Infant formula, trade restrictions and debating supply management
- The Great Debate Redux
- Where to begin with benchmarking your farm business — AgEx ’17 Preview
- Building an agile and resilient farm business — AgEx ’17
- Canadian Angus Association Blog- AgEx Conference
- Growing Farm Profits Weekly(Vol.2/No.48)- Musings from the Agricultural Excellence Conference
- Market Watch with David Derwin – November 28th – Top 5 Questions for your Marketing Plan
- Effective Use Of Financial Tools Already At Your Fingertips — David Derwin
- How to Sell Commodities Directly to International Buyers
- Diversity of Producers Enables Unique Learning Experience at Ag Excellence – Heather Watson
- Benchmarking Your Farm — An Agricultural Excellence Conference Preview
- Will Future Farmers Have to Go to the Field? — A Preview of AgEx Conference ’15
- “We Wish Parents Understood” – More Talk from AgExcellence
- Earl Geddes Interview with Realagriculture.com at the Agricultural Excellence Conference:Escape the Cold: The Value of Seeing How Your Crop is Used in Other (Warmer) Parts of the World
- Humphrey Bannack Interview with Realagriculture.com at the Agricultural Excellence Conference: The Farmer’s Side of the Story — Letting Rick Mercer Drive Your Combine
- Tom Eisenhauer interview with Realagriculture.com at Agricultural Excellence Conference: ) Reasons to Sell Land and Lease it Back — a Toronto Investment Fund Manager’s Pitch
- Elaine Froese Interview with Realagriculture.com at the Agricultural Excellence Conference: The Three C’s for Managing Conflict in Farm Families
- JP Gervais Interview with Realagriculture.com at the Agricultural Excellence Conference: Market Outlooks and Mega-Farm Mistakes
- Succession stressing you out? Elaine Froese on doing your homework ahead of the AgEx Conference
- Farmers must keep an eye on risks beyond weather, markets
- Farmers still prefer real-life face time
- Reap profits from info, say data providers
- Ag Excellence!!!