Programs + Services
National Farm Leadership
National Farm Leadership Program
Powered by LeaderShift Inc.
Few of us consider our own leadership as a competitive advantage, however research has shown that leader effectiveness can account for as much as 1/3 of business performance. Farm Management Canada is pleased to be working with LeaderShift to empower Canada’s farmers through a leadership development program designed for hectic farm life and the desire to learn and perform in real time.
- Understand your leadership effectiveness against a global benchmark
- Identify critical development areas that will have the most impact on your business
- Build the confidence to initiate conversations that address persistent problems
- Develop your skills in real time, while working in your business
- Gain clarity in goal-setting and decision-making
- Increase the performance of yourself, and empower others
- Reduce stress, anxiety and achieve more of what matters most
- Connect with other professionals to share insights and build your support network
Led by certified executive coach and fourth generation farmer, Kelly Dobson, LeaderShift combines adult learning research, with neuroscience and IT, enabling leader development at any age. Kelly has direct experience with family business dynamics and managing through cyclical markets. He has a lifelong interest in teams and how effective leadership can create results greater than the sum of individual efforts.
Develop your capacity to make bold decisions in the face of uncertainty by effectively engaging with others.
What are people saying?
“The program revealed a whole new side of leadership that has never been touched on in any previous course that I have taken. I was able to apply the principals immediately and witness the positive effects of clear communication. The leader assessment identified areas where my leadership required improvement and both the LeaderLab and residency were great ways to practice in both an individual and cohort setting.”
Programs begin: January 25 2021
Residency: March 9 -11, 2021
LeaderShift’s program is eligible for up to $2500 cost-share funding for farmers in Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
Check with your provincial Ministry of Agriculture for eligibility requirements.
For further details and to apply, contact info(at)fmc-gac.com or visit: http://leader-shift.ca/national-farm-leadership-program/
Farm Management Canada will hosted a series of webinars providing more information on the National Farm Leadership Program. To watch a recording from the most recent webinar, visit the Agriwebinar page.